You may have heard that Tom DeFalco’s Amazing Spider-Girl is ending with Amazing Spider-Girl #30, due out March 18, 2009. This is sad news to everyone who enjoyed this title, set in an alternate future where Peter and Mary Jane’s daughter, May “Mayday” Parker, follows in her father’s footsteps as a costumed superhero!
However, Mayday isn’t leaving comics! Instead, she’ll be given her own 16-page feature in the bi-monthly comic Amazing Spider-Man Family, starting with Amazing Spider-Man Family #5! So what is Amazing Spider-Man Family?
- It’s super sized–more than 100 pages!
- You’ll find stories from all of Spider-Man’s timelines. In any given issue, you’ll find stories from Brand-New Day, early stories from Peter’s youth, strips like The Amazing Spider Ma’am (starring Aunt May, natch), or even the Spectacular Spider-Ham!
- Reprints from Spider-Man’s earlier days are included! Classic stories from the ’70s, ’90s, and more are featured, with characters like Doctor Octopus, Gwen Stacy, and Hobgoblin.
Why you should care:
- If you’re a Spider-Man fan but don’t buy a lot of titles, you can get an overview of Webhead’s greatest hits.
- Everything’s included: humor, drama, and pathos, as well as oddities you won’t find everywhere else. It’s a great jumping-off point for new fans, and a nostalgia trip for older ones.
- It’s the only place you’ll find the new adventures of Spider-Girl!
What you should do next:
- If this has piqued your interest, you can pre-order Amazing Spider-Girl #30 and Amazing Spider-Man Family #5 and save 20%. If it’s up your alley, you can subscribe to Amazing Spider-Man Family and continue to get 20% off the cover price!
So what do you think? Are you sad to see Spider-Girl lose her monthly title? Are you as curious as I am to see what’s going to be in Amazing Spider-Man Family next? Post your comments below!