Looking for cool stuff to do next weekend? We’ve got two amazing events April 26 at the Portland TFAW, and we wanted to make sure you know all about them. It’s going to be an unforgettable night leading into Stumptown Comics Fest, the Northwest’s largest creator-focused comic convention!
First, from 5 to 7 p.m., we’re excited to host a signing for multiple Eisner Award-winning writer Bill Willingham, creator of Vertigo’s immensely popular Fables series and a special guest brought to us by Stumptown Comics Fest. We’ve stocked up on Fables comics and graphic novels, so come pick some up and get them signed! Plus, enjoy free food and beer — we’re firing up the grill at 5 p.m. for hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie options.
Then, at 7 p.m. we’re segueing into the Stumptown Comics Fest Kickoff Party! This is the official start of Stumptown Comics Fest, taking place April 27 and 28 at the Oregon Convention Center. Meet guests of the Fest, mingle with Portland’s comics community, and enjoy exciting entertainment:
- Free food and beer (for those 21+)! Come enjoy burgers, dogs, and more.
- Music by Jeff “Switch” Sorenson (Dangerous Kids) & Bobby Roberts (Welcome to That Whole Thing).
- Video games from Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade.
- Prizes from Portland Retro Gaming Expo, Dark Horse, OryCon, Ground Kontrol, Wonder Northwest, and more!
- A greenscreen to pose in front of to commemorate the event, with background art supplied by Stumptown guests like Erika Moen, Sina Grace, Jon McNaught, and more!
You thought we were done? We’re just getting started! You can also visit Things From Another World at Stumptown Comics Fest at Booth #F01 April 27 and 28. Come say hi, and save 20% on all graphic novels! We’ve got a lot of the newest and most popular books for this special convention, so stop by!
Are you planning on going to Stumptown? What are you looking forward to? Post your comments below!